Nikon Coolpix P1000 in a Nutshell
The Nikon Coolpix P1000 looks like a small SLR ( available from 09/2018 ).
It weighs just over 1.4 kg, which is less than a DSLR with a zoom. This makes it easier to handle this camera in situations where you find yourself shooting with the zoom open and without a tripod.
The measurements of this camera are: 146.3 × 118.8 × 181.3mm.
The handle is very wide and therefore guarantees a safe and easy grip. All buttons are well positioned for an easy access. Even the zoom button, which is positioned on the side, allows you to recall it quickly and easily.
- BSI-CMOS, backlit by 16 Mpx – 1 / 2.3 ”.
- the zoom consists of a Super ED lens and 5 ED elements. It has a 125x optical zoom, which start from 24mm to reach up to 3000 mm equivalent. The lens is very bright: f / 2.8.
- Supported files
- RAW & JPEG
- Electronic viewfinder
- high resolution with its 2359k points OLED. It guarantees excellent visibility of details even in very strong light conditions.
- LCD monitor
- it measures 3.2 ” and it has an anti-reflective coating. It is fully adjustable in almost any position.
- SD , SDHC , SDXC – DCF and Exif 2.31 compliant.
- Vibration reduction
- the stabilization system of the P1000 reduces blur by up to 5 stops. Lens shift for still images and Combination of lens shift and electronic VR for movies.
- ISO sensitivity
- ISO 100 to 1600. Better use max 400!
- Communication protocols
- Bluetooth and Bluetooth Low Energy.
- App ( Android / IOS )
- Battery life
- Approx. 250 shots: better to have 2 batteries for a full day coverage.
Good for capturing the moon and still wildlife or the city from incredible distances.